Friday, March 9, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Lady Bibliophile cordially invites you to wish her beloved younger sister, Carrie-Grace, a very happy 12th birthday!


As she loves to remind me, she reads simply because I am around to keep her at it, and I would never stop if she weren't here to tear me away. Carrie-Grace has a special love for all things outdoors and adventurous. We share a love of Jane Austen and all things girly, and she makes a very good mother to her large family of ten baby dolls and 36 stuffed cats. We share many private giggles, and budding story excerpts. Oftentimes she will give me a knowing wink when she sees a certain little notebook slide out. :)

Her three favorite books are:
1. Baby Island, by Carol Ryrie Brink
2. Dandelion Cottage, by Carroll W. Rankin
3. Pearl Maiden, by H. Ryder Haggard

She inspires me most with her passionate love for the Lord Jesus Christ, and her zeal to see others come to salvation. As I see her daily grow in favor with God and man, it is my delight to honor her today with this very special blog post.

Tomorrow, my older brother Collin turns nineteen.



While I read more constantly (for leisure) than he might, his reading speed far surpasses mine. He continually surprises me with his musical abilities and his computer tech skills. He is studying for a BSBA in Computer Information Systems with CollegePlus!, and has now completed his first year of college in six months, due to this excellent program.

We share an enjoyment of Chuck Black's two series:
1. The Kingdom series (6 books)
2. The Knights of Arrethtrae (6 books)
For their exact titles, I refer you to my bookshelf on the sidebar.

His passion for apologetics and defending the faith combined with an amazing talent for rightly dividing the Word of truth equip him greatly for serving the cause of Christ.



Join with me in wishing them a very happy celebration, and many more years to come. May the Lord bless their lives and service to Him.

Blessings,
Lady Bibliophile


P.S. Spending the weekend at the Family Economics Conference/Liberty Day in Wheaton, Illinois. If any of my readers happen to be here, I would love to meet up with you. :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your brother and sister! I hope they each have wonderful days and great years ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sister,
    Thank-you very much for the very special blog post. It was a wonderful suprise! :)
    Love,
    Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Collin and Carrie-Grace! Hope you both have a blessed year. Keep on living for Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Carrie Grace and Collin. :-)
    @Carrie Grace: I have that book "Bably Island" and used to read it when I was in school. :)(hug)
    I hope you both had/have wonderful birthdays and a blessed year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...