Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, LADY BIBLIOPHILE


Well, the elves have been very busy lately. On Sunday Lady Bibliophile celebrates her 18th birthday! Junior Bibliophile has concocted a very special surprise guest post and she hopes you will enjoy these birthday wishes.

*************************

Lady Bibliophile has been such a blessing. As far as books go, she has helped Junior grow to love them. Junior has been introduced to many treasures in her ever expanding library.  She is very obliging when Junior asks, "What shall I read next?"  "Oh," says Lady B, "You're welcome to look on my shelves." Off trots Junior to find yet another treasure on those shelves. If it wasn't for Lady B's persistence, Junior wouldn't be reading half as much as she does now. But sometimes when Lady B says, "What an epic novel!!!" Junior reads it as well.

Unfortunately, Junior can't tell you what Lady B's favorite book is, because there are too many she likes. However, Charles Dickens is Lady B's favorite author. And if a person's favorite author is Dickens then she is a fully bred bibliophile. ;)

Lady Bibliophile likes to leisurely read through a novel, while Junior gobbles up  the book and has a stomachache afterwards.  (Lady B sighs, "Really, Junior.")

Lady B. and Junior have had so many memory making times together. Whether it's kittens or story excerpts we have had some of the best times together.

**************************

Empire Bluffs, Michagan

 

Sister, you have been such a blessing to me and our family. As you enjoy your 18th year may the Lord bless you and cause His face to shine upon you. You are the best sister. You will always have a special place in my heart. I love you!

Love and blessings,

Junior Bibliophile

18 comments:

  1. Happy 18th Birthday, Schuyler! I pray that you have a blessed year in the Lord.

    This was such a funny and sweet post by Junior Bibliophile (Hi!)... really loved it.

    Many Blessings in Christ,

    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Joy! :) I too was surprised and blessed.

      ~Schuyler

      Delete
  2. Dear Sister

    What a surprise! I couldn't believe it! You made me feel very loved indeed, and gave me a good laugh. :) I'm glad you *ahem* entered my account to give me a sweet surprise.

    Love and cuddles,
    Sister

    (P.S. You must read a very long book to atone for the liberty. You can find one on my shelves. ;)

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee,he,he. Uh-oh... :D
      I'm so glad you liked it. I was sure you would find out... :D
      Love, Sister

      Delete
  3. Lovely post and surprise, Sister! I really enjoyed that!
    Yes, and early Happy Birthday Lady B; I hope your vacation is going well...

    God Bless!

    EH ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you muchly, E.H. ;)We are having a lovely vacation; I couldn't believe how tired I was when I had nothing to do. :) It's been a refreshing week to relax and get away. I've been missing you terribly, and we must remedy the situation very soon. ;)

      Blessings,
      Schuyler

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday a day or two in advance! I hope you have a most wonderful day and a fantastic (and book-filled) year ahead. :)

    ~Krystina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Krystina! It's been lovely to meet you through my blog this year. You were my very first new acquaintance through "My Lady Bibliophile". :) I am looking forward to a very book-filled year ahead. I have Middlemarch and Ben-Hur on my to-read list, as well a few other epic tomes...I think it shall be a very good year for bibliophiles, and exciting on the blog as well. :)

      Delete
    2. It has been great knowing you too. :D (And I am honoured to be your first new acquaintance through your blog, too. ;-) ) I cannot recall how I found you/your blog, but I have very much enjoyed reading your posts and talking when we have.

      I have Ben-Hur on my to-read pile as well- but you shall probably get to it before I do. ^.^ It looks like an interesting tale. I read Middlemarch years ago (okay, three years and a half years ago) and I thought it was rather good. :) I hope you enjoy it. :)

      P.S.: I also find it quite interesting that our birthdays are actually really quite close- and that both our birthdays are *also* quite close to the birthday(s) of Bilbo and Frodo. :D

      Delete
  5. A very happy birthday to you, Schuyler! Hope your rest of the week is a lovely one. :) God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kal! It's been so good to meet you within the last year, and I can't wait to see what the next has in store. :)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, Schuyler! Wow, eighteen is a wonderful age and I just hope that God will bless you, both on your special day and throughout this next year.
    Blessings!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Anna! :) I am looking forward to eighteen immensely; I think God has some very exciting things around the corner.

      Blessings, <3
      Schuyler

      Delete
  7. Hee! Well done, Junior Bibliophile! And happy birthday to you, Schuyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much, Suzannah! :) Junior made me laugh this morning, I kept wondering why she would burst into random giggles. ;)

      Delete
  8. Thank-you all for the stunning endorsement! :D :D :D It was really fun composing a blog post...Even if I did finish it at 11:18 Thursday night!!! (yawn)

    Junior Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Lady Bibliophile!!! I have so enjoyed getting to know you--both over the internet and in person(!), and your blog has been such a great blessing to me!
    May you have a wonderful day and year!
    Your friend,
    Kyla


    Junior Bibliophile: Thanks sooo much for the post! Love it! You are a very sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Kyla! What a blessing, not only to be able to meet you, but to get to see your family in person! Your friendship has been a special part of this year, and I hope we'll be crossing paths again soon!

      Blessings,
      Schuyler

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...