Sunday, September 22, 2013

Behind the Bedroom Door


*Everything is quiet. The lights are off and the soft noises of sleep are coming from different rooms. Suddenly a flash of light! Silence. Another flash! And in pops Junior making a crash landing on Lady B’s bookshelf and knocking the collector’s addition of LOTR off the shelf. Oops.*
Here I am.

Well, I know I did an uninvited visit last year and I felt I needed to make another appearance. After all, the smell of cake and candles is in the air. So join me in wishing Lady B. a very HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!   
Our family will very often hear the sound of giggles coming from behind a closed bedroom door. And no one will ever know how many story ideas are shared and how many conspiracies take place behind that bedroom door. With the fan on medium and voices lowered to whispers the deepest darkest secrets of the art of story writing are shared. Lady B. will share bits of her story and Junior will listen closely, soaking it all in. We discuss complicated plots that need to be worked out, grin at certain story characters, and all in all we share a special sister time that only sisters can have. :)
Books, books, all those books! Junior stares in dismay wondering how to find anything in the complicated system of Lady B’s bookshelves. Off she goes, begging Lady B. to give her a really exciting book that she’s never read before. Lady B. scrambles to find one! But sooner or later, she comes up with it and Junior B. goes off to zip through it as quick as lightening. Only then she needs another one.
Then on a certain night of the week Lady B. goes from book-recommender to teacher (scary…) and teaches from the Book of all books. With eight other girls, Junior listens attentively and has to read the lesson that Lady B. hands out before the next meeting. Little by little, she learns more and more and works on applying everything Lady B. teaches. And Lady B. works very hard on creating a very special night for all her girls.
And I should add something about Lady B.’s editing. Through a trip to the other side of the country, colds, no inspiration, and even when it gets very discouraging, Lady B. continues to persevere to get her novel done. (And it’s a very nice novel, I might add.)  She has laughed and cried over her character’s virtues and delinquencies but she still stands by them through thick and thin and keeps editing them to make them even better. Only sometimes Junior has to come and tell them to behave.
So here’re three cheers to a very happy birthday! Hip, hip HOORAY!!!!

 

 
I hope this next year is a blast as you continue to grow in Christ and reflect Him to those around you.  You are a very special sister!
Love you, Girlie! :D


 
 
 
 
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
 
Love,

Junior Bibliophile

10 comments:

  1. Awww! <3 Thank-you, Sister dear, for a VERY special birthday post. That was a thrilling surprise when I was looking at my blog stats this morning. I was looking through the post views and thinking "I don't remember making one with that title!" :P

    You're so sweet, and I was thinking this morning that I'm so glad the Lord gave you to me to be my sister. All your encouragement and our shared times is a huge blessing, one I wouldn't trade for the world. I love you much!

    (And I love my novel-themed birthday banner too!)

    Love,
    Schuyler <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun! I was hoping you wouldn't find out...
      No wonder I wanted to get up early with you, hmmm? After all, I wanted to see how you liked -er- a "hacked" post! :P
      Awww...I wouldn't trade you for anything either! :D Love you,too!
      Happy Birthday! <3 <3 <3

      Love,
      Carrie-Grace

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! :) I hope your day is/was fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much! I am having a wonderful day. :)

      Delete
  3. You are so cute, CG. Wonderful job on this post. :D <3 You write well. ;)

    Schuyler, happy birthday!! I hope your year is blessed beyond what you could ever expect. Stay close to Him. Love you. <3

    ~Kaleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kal! It was an amazing day on G+ yesterday, hearing from all of you. Love you too!

      Delete
  4. Aww, I didn't catch this post until just now.... Happy Birthday Schuyler, my very dear friend!! I hope you had a perfectly splendid birthday. ; )
    And good one, Carrie-Grace, sneaking in again to do a hacked guest post. I loved everything you said about your sister; only I wonder...should you be making her characters behave? Perhaps they are supposed to misbehave. : P
    Love you both and see you soon!
    -Emi
    P.S. I liked that Irish blessing. It made me think of someone....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Emi,
      I had a very lovely day, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. CG really went over the top this year, and everyone else did too. :D It was great fun and very relaxing.

      Hacked again. I'd change my password, if it wasn't so fun. :P The idea of being hoodwinked so easily by my own sister is a scary thing. ;) I didn't suspect it a bit, I was so preoccupied with other things while she was writing it.

      Can't wait to see you! Packing today! :D Love you too!

      Schuyler

      P.S. Who did it make you think of? :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Emi! ;) I wrote the whole thing up Saturday night, because we had been very busy and I had forgotten about it. And then I was sitting at the computer and it was like, "Oh, wait! Schuyler's birthday is Monday and I have to write a blog post!" It's lots of fun to hack into her account... :P :D
      Can't wait to see you! <3
      Love,
      Carrie-Grace

      P.S. I think I know who Irish Blessing made you think of... ;)

      Delete
    3. And I really DO need to make her characters behave... ;) They are very bad sometimes...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...