On Friday, we attended the annual 4th of July book sale near us. Two hours of blissful meandering through tables and tables of books, and we all came away with quite the stack. It's a pleasure to attend, and if ever one of my readers visited me during July 4th festivities, we would definitely hit this together. :)
So without further ado, here is the vlog we shot, with titles listed below:
1. Robert Louis Stevenson Collection--Kidnapped, Treasure Island, Master of Ballantrae, Weir of Hermiston, The Black Arrow
2. Courageous novelization, by Randy Alcorn (I think this is one of few times that I might say the movie is better than the book!)
3. Old Curiosity Shop/The Mystery of Edwin Drood, by Charles Dickens
4. Shadows Over Stonewycke, by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella (Stonewycke Legacy #2)
5. Travail and Triumph, by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella (The Russians, #3)
6. The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien
7.The Great Divorce, by C.S. Lewis
8. Raven in the Foregate, by Ellis Peters (Brother Cadfael)
9. A Nice Derangement of Epitaphs, by Ellis Peters (Inspector George Felse--Haven't read any of him yet, so I'm inclined to view him with caution.)
11. The Tale of Troy, by Roger Lancelyn Green
12. Freckles, by Gene Stratton-Porter
Since the 4th of July vlog is a short post, I wanted to combine it with another resource that I've found enjoyable, and think my readers would as well. I'm not sure whether this is available internationally or just in the US, but Christian Audio has a lot of audiobooks available for $5, and several excellent sales throughout the year. Books like Kevin Deyoung's Crazy Busy and The Hole in Our Holiness, Eric Metaxas' Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy; complete Bibles, classics of the Christian faith, and popular Christian fiction are all available. Best of all, if you sign up for their newsletter you can download their featured audiobook of the month for free. This month's audiobook is The Lion of Babylon by T. Davis Bunn. I have read it and highly recommend it as a good Christian suspense novel with an intriguing modern setting.
So check out this website, and enjoy some great titles! I don't get a commission for your purchases, but I hope you find it a worthwhile resource.
Have a great week, fellow bibliophiles, and happy reading! I'll be back on Friday with a very special writing tag. :)