Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy 20th Birthday, Lady Bibliophile!

Greetings, friends and fellow members of My Lady Bibliophile!

Today is a very special day. Because today is the only day of the year that I post a blog post unannounced and out of the blue. And that, my friends, is worth celebrating.

Actually, today is special for a different reason (although it’s fun to come on unannounced). Schuyler turns 20 today and I figured that I simply must come on and share the joy with you all. :)

We all gobbled up that lovely post about her novel earlier this year, and I have to let you know that she is still working hard at it. She’s just finished another edit of about a 1/3 of it, and I’m really enjoying the newer version so far. And now would be a good time to tell her that all her characters wish her a very happy birthday-from enigmatic Irishmen to disreputable Teddy Bears to reserved Americans. They told me that they hoped you would enjoy your day. :)

                Lady Bibliophile read us Martin Chuzzelwit this summer so that she could share her love of Dicken’s works with us. It was one of those great big doorstoppers which takes all summer to get through, and we really enjoyed it. If you read those, you get a taste of what Schuyler likes. Webs of treachery and heights of epicness with a little bit of drama to tie it all in. Speaking of what Schuyler likes, I thought it would be fun to list 5 of her favorite things that say Lady Bibliophile all over them.

1.       Her fuzzy red sweater—She just got a dark red sweater recently that is just perfect for curling up with a book.

2.       Irish Breakfast Tea—My sister gets transported into the rolling hills of Ireland when she drinks this. To be enjoyed with cream and sugar.

3.       Her laptop—This little workhorse has served her well over the past 2 ½ years and she enjoys browsing Pinterest and editing her novel and listening to Irish music on it.

4.       Her bed—A funny thing to put on a list, I know. But she does a lot of stuff on her bed; it’s like her office. And it has a fuzzy blue quillow on it that is perfect to snuggle under. (A quillow is a quilt that you can fold up into a pillow.)

5.       Her sunglasses—I was just trying to think of what the 5th item would be on this list, and suddenly a picture came to mind of Lady B.’s sunglasses. Lady B. is naturally introverted and when she wears her sunglasses you can tell she’s guarding deep, dark secrets about her stories behind them. Some of which I have never cracked…

 

 
 
                I love you so much, Girlie, and I hope that you have a really good day. I can’t wait to celebrate this day with you and I hope your 20th year is full of blessing and promise. You are an important person in my life, and I’m thankful I have you as a sister.  I can’t wait for our next year together and all the little conspiracies that take place. ;) Thank-you for your love for big doorstoppers-you inspire us all. And I hope someday that we’ll see a picture of you and your published novel here on the blog. :)
 
Love,
Junior Bibliophile

“May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.”

~An Irish Prayer
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it, Carrie-Grace! Well done. A wonderful post. You captured her very well. :D <3

    Happy birthday, Schuyler. <3 A very happy 20th (or 21st, however you count it :P) year to you. It is a joy to be able to celebrate this day with you. Hope it's a wonderful one. :)

    Love,
    Kaleigh <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sister,
    What a wonderful surprise to wake up to. I loved every moment of it, and smiled all the way through. I was hoping you might do this again. ;D

    And I loved my birthday wishes from the enigmatic Irishman and the disreputable Irish teddy bear. And the reserved American. Whatever would I do without them? :)

    Thank-you so much, girlie. You are such a special sister, and you've done a lot to make this day wonderful. Love you lots! **hugs**

    And thank-you, Kaleigh! It's a joy to be able to celebrate with friends. :D

    Love,
    Schuyler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...I'm glad you like it! :D I have such fun doing it and I enjoyed sitting with you yesterday morning and watching you read the post. :)
      I'm glad you had a good day yesterday! It was great to celebrate with you. :D

      Love,
      Carrie-Grace

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Schuyler! I hope you have an amazing day!:D :D This is a wonderful post Carrie-Grace! You're taking after your sisters gift for writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Summer! :) I have had an amazing day so far. :D

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Schuyler! Your blog followers are thankful for you. :)

    I am in agreement with you on many subjects, including Irish Tea, the Heights of Epicness, and Disreputable Teddy Bears. Many thanks to Junior Bibliophile for hacking the blog once again!

    Love and blessings,
    the Philologist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Philologist. :) It truly is an amazing and humbling thing to be so loved, and I'm so blessed to know all of you.

      Isn't she a nice little blogger hacker? ;)

      Much Love,
      Schuyler

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Schuyler!
    I'm so thankful for you as a friend, and from this blog I've learned much. :) You've greatly expanded my "To Read Someday" list, and your many articles have expanded my thinking. I used to love reading and love the learning through it, but now I view it also as an act of dominion and "taking all things captive". Thank you for that. ;)
    Hope it's a great day with all things Schuyler. :)

    Love,
    Kyla <3

    P.S. Love the hacker post, Junior B. And the picture. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Kyla! :) I'm so thankful for your friendship, too. I am so glad that what the Lord is teaching me through this blog He is using to bless others as well. <3 Love you, and I can't wait to see you in person again someday!

      It was a wonderful day....

      Love,
      Schuyler

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Schuyler!!! I hope it was a fantastic day. :) You're such an amazing encouragement and example to me. Thank you for that. <3

    Did you have Irish Breakfast Tea on your birthday? :D

    Love,
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Lizzy! <3 I'm so humbled by the kind words, and praise the Lord for anything good that comes out from me to others. Thank-you very much!

      Oh yes, I had a lovely cuppa with my birthday cake. :) It wouldn't be a proper birthday for Lady B without it!

      Love,
      Schuyler

      Delete
  7. Dear Tolstoy,

    So sorry I missed your birthday…but now I know the date. Happy Birthday my friend.

    Dostoyevsky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) No problem about missing it!

      ~Tolstoy

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...