Friday, July 17, 2015

The Liebster Award 2 + Favorite Screen Characters

Random pretty summertime photo to start blog post. 

Hey, friend and fellow bibliophiles! I have two tags to catch up on, and as I can never resist a good tag, I hope you'll join me for a morning of fun. I have some deep posts in the works, but it's been a deep thinking kind of week, and I need to relax.

Here we go!

The Leibster Award 2 (Thanks to Nathasha!) 

1. Who is your favorite character from your WIP? Why?
Good thing I recently changed my WIP so I can keep the old one a secret. :) Anion, from Homeschool Diaries, is a novice angel and about as cute as they come. He's a mix of gullible and mother hen-ish.

2. Outside of writing, is there anything that you really, passionately love doing?
I told Mr. E I could do without two carriages, but without writing my life would be a blank. Seriously, though. I also love going to conferences and getting together with friends. If I didn't write, I would probably go in for education in becoming a counselor.

3. What made you want to start your blog?
I loved books and wanted to give people vision in reading books--to chew through themes and content and worldview as they read. I wanted it to be a place, not just of book reviews, but teaching articles of how to read a book.

4. What is one of your funniest childhood memories?
When I was two, I persisted in sweeping the snow off the sidewalk, much to my brother's distress. He wanted to sled down the hill, and after warning me, proceeded to do so. There was a collision, and for four years I didn't have my two front teeth. If you want proof of my stubborn streak, there is your evidence.

5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they?
No, we do not. Unfortunately.

6. Is there one particular trait that most of your characters have? If so, what is that?
HA. Angst. Oh wait, let's do something positive. 

Can't think of anything positive. Any ideas, folks who've read my writing?

7. If you could be any type of mythological creature, what would you be?
I don't know much about mythological creatures, and I probably wouldn't want to be one, but I have always deeply loved unicorns. And I love baby dragons as well.

8. You have been handed a blank check by a billionaire. What do you do with it?
Hand it to the billionare I'm secretary for. Really, it couldn't be for me, could it? But if it was, I would save some of it for a trip to Ireland and Australia, put some of it in the bank, and give some of it away.

9. If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Heaven is the only place I would much rather be, in all seriousness. Until then, I am content to live in America.

10. Plotter, pantser, or plantser?
Plantser. I'm too impatient to completely research and plot before I start a book, but I don't like to swing it without any prior planning. I have a couple of basic outlines I go through to plan a story. Ironically enough, they're from my 10th grade English book.

11. Do you keep a journal/notebook? If so, what is it about?
I keep three random scribbles books in three different places, so whenever I need to write something down I can. They are full of story plans, lists of things to remember, phone numbers, and other whatnots. 

Favorite Screen Characters (Thanks to Shantelle!) 

Albert (The Young Victoria)



I think he's one of my favorites ever. (Which is probably why he made this list.) I loved what he stood for: a strong husband, a visionary thinker, and a tender lover.

Frodo (Do we need a film title?)



I love his character. I love his film version character. So there.

Arthur Clennam (Little Dorrit)


I always thought Matthew MacFadyen had potential for Darcy, if only they would give him a decent haircut and a better actress for a love interest. Thankfully my beliefs were fully confirmed in Arthur Clennam. Everything I was hoping for, and then some.

Mr. Tulkinghorn (Bleak House)



Six star acting for awesome, awesome portrayal of Dickens' original character. A pleasure to see him perform.

Barbara Spooner (Amazing Grace)



Spunky. Tender-hearted. Refreshingly funny. Daring.

Jeremy Brett (Sherlock Holmes)

Guys, this sarcasm is priceless. 

The epitome of Sherlock Holmes. Can't wait to watch all of the episodes someday.

Barney Fife (Andy Griffith Show)



Probably the most unique character to make this list, but our family has a beloved and battered collection of the entire Andy Griffith set, and episodes with Don Knotts are by far the most popular.

Estella (2014 Great Expectations)



Mike Newell captured a brand-new side of Estella in the film; the child who had never had another child to play with; the woman with the hardened heart, taught to hate what would most help her. A rich and poignant performance.

Gilbert Blythe (Anne of Green Gables)



I do love his film character. It was kind of strange watching it recently and knowing that he wasn't alive anymore.

Herbert Pocket (1980s Great Expectations)



Herbert is my favorite sidekick in the history of ever, and the 1980s Herbert is the only one I consider canonical.

Ike (Runner From Ravenshead)
Adorable 2 year old, and really well done indie film. He makes us smile whenever we watch it. (He's in the goggles at the bottom and also on the far right.)


And now I just realized that was 11 instead of  10. Bonus! ;) Thanks, ladies, for inviting me to join. :D

PS. Looking for more book goodies? Check out my 4th of July book sale finds exclusively uploaded to my Facebook page

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, Jeremy Brett is the Sherlock Holmes. We most certainly agree on that.

    And your answer to #8 on the Liebster Award is most amusing. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should watching some Jeremy Brett--TOGETHER someday. I wish. :P

      Thank-you. I very much enjoyed writing this review. :D

      Delete
  2. Amazing Grace is one of my favorite movies of all time!

    -Grace (meyougod.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cry almost every time by the time I get to the end. Wilberforce is one of my life heroes. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this! =) Loved #4 and #7 especially. And all these pictures. *grins* So glad you added Don Knotts--he's nice after a week of schoolwork. xD Mike Newell is perfect for Estella too. ^_^

    O_O Deep thinking, girly! We needs to help you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed the Andy Griffith this week. The relaxation time has been much needed. O.o

      Delete
  4. Ooh, you want to come to Australia! Let me tell you, it's really good over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes!! I do want to; only I think when I do I'll have to organize a Lady Bibliophile tour and announce dates so I don't miss anyone. XD I didn't know you were in Australia! That's so cool. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...