Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Schuyler + Character Interview


 
Folks, it’s somebody’s birthday!! Lady Bibliophile is turning 21 today! I hope you enjoy this interview that I put together with her characters. :) ~Junior Bibliophile
The Interview:

Me: HEY! Jaeryn, Ben, Terry, I’m glad you’re here!!

Terry: HEY HOW ARE YOU? IS IT SCHUYLER’S BIRTHDAY? That’s so exciting!!

Me *catches Ben with medical files*: BEN. You shouldn’t be looking through those right now. This is time for a nice interview for Schuyler.

Ben *protests*: I don’t have time for this.

Me: Jaeryn, you’re being awfully quiet over there.

Jaeryn *twinkling*: I really have nothing to say.

Me: I’m very sorry, Jaeryn, about how much I’ve teased you. Let’s put it away for one day, so Schuyler can have a nice interview. I’ll even give you chocolate.

Jaeryn: Really now? I bet you won’t be saying that tomorrow. Are you resorting to bribery?

Me *splutters*: Well…*brightens* It’s  dark chocolate—you like dark chocolate, don’t you? And I made you some tea too. TERRY. Wait, where are you going?

Terry: I was getting bored without Acushla. *puppy dog eyes*

Me: Boys, just give me a few minutes of your time. Please. We have to pull this together.

Ben: Alright, but we only have a small amount of time. I have to go to a patient’s house in ten minutes.

Me: We can work with that. So, first question. What do you think of Schuyler as an author?

Terry *mournfully*: I wish she was a little nicer to me.

Ben: I don’t agree with all her choices, but overall, I’d say she’s nice to give me Charlotte.

Jaeryn: I’m not very concerned about what she does in the future. I can handle her.

Me *chuckles*: We’ll see about that.

Jaeryn *eating chocolate*: I thought we were supposed to be friends for the day, little Rascal.

Terry: Can I have some of that chocolate?

Me: Terry, chocolate isn’t the purpose of this discussion. We’re talking about Schuyler.

Terry: How about we talk about Acushla instead? She’s really nice, you know.

Ben: No, Terry. We ought to be considerate even with a renegade author.

Me: I am NOT a renegade author. 

Jaeryn: *mutters something about renegades*

Me: Okay, we got off topic again. How does Schuyler keep you all straight?

Jaeryn: She doesn’t. Trust me, she doesn’t know what to do with us.

Me: Then how does she keep me straight? Anyway, next question. What would you wish Schuyler on her birthday?

Ben: I wish that she wouldn’t do so many bad things to my life.

Me: No, I meant, what’s a birthday wish you would wish for Schuyler? Like ‘Many happy returns’ or something like that.

Terry: I hope she lives a nice long life and gets to publish lots of books. And maybe lets me kiss Acushla.

Me: *facepalm moment* What about you, Jaeryn?

Jaeryn: I think you’re downright friendly to me right now. What’s up with you, little Rascal? Let’s see, I hope her dreams come true, and that she always remembers the love of Ireland.

Ben: Junior B. likes you calling her a little rascal, you know. I hope Schuyler always has good family relationships, enough money to pay the bills, and abundant knowledge of Christ’s love.

Me: Those are lovely birthday wishes, boys. One other question to wrap this interview up: What are you giving Schuyler for her birthday?

Jaeryn: Chocolate.

Terry: A BIG HUG and loads of Irish smiles.

Ben: I’ll give her a Dicken’s book. She seems to like that sort of thing. By the way, I have to get going now for that patient call.

Me: THANK-YOU, boys. You are all so nice to work with. I hope you have a lovely rest of the day, and you’re welcome to stop by for cake and presents later.

Ben: Happy Birthday, Schuyler. *disappears*

Terry: Can I bring Acushla when I come visit later?

Me *beams*: You can bring Acushla.

Terry: YAY! Thank-you, Carrie-Grace!!!! I’m going to go and get Acushla and we’ll be back for the chocolate cake! *dashes off*

Jaeryn: I’d better be going too. Thank-you for the chocolate, Junior B. It’s been a nice interview with you. *flashes smile at the blog readers* Goodbye, everyone!

Conclusion:

There you go, girlie! I hope you enjoy the boys’ efforts to pull it all together. Ben is paying a fortune for the Dickens’ book and Jaeryn buys premium dark chocolate, so you’re in for a treat. But maybe you’re looking forward to Terry’s hug and Irish smiles more. :)

I hope you have a wonderful year full of rich blessings. Thank-you for being such a sweet sister. < 3
 

 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. ~Jude 24-25
 
Happy Birthday!! < 3
~Junior Bibliophile

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did this!!! Well, I mean, this hacking is turning into a long-standing tradition (and being on everyone's computers for six weeks helped, Rascal) but a character interview? That was so fun!!

    I love those boys. And they didn't tell me a thing about it. :P

    "Trust me, she doesn't know what to do with us." XD Oh, Jaeryn.

    And Ben, thank-you for the Dickens book. I shall treasure it. And Terry, your Irish hugs are most welcome, but you keep your kisses for Acushla.

    Thank-you, sister dear. You make my birthday so special. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Good job, Junior B. I like your perspective as the author's sibling. Happy Birthday, Schuyler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Carrie-Grace! Nice job. I love your character interview with the boys. :D Great idea -- you brought out their personalities perfectly. :)

    Happy birthday, Lady Bibliophile!!! Hope you have an amazing day! Don't forget to drink a nice hot cup of Irish Breakfast tea. You could even invite Jaeryn over to join you. :D

    Love,
    Lizzy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job, CG. :D You did well again. And I laughed reading it last night. :D You portrayed them so well. Happy, happy birthday to Lady B. Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Junior B., you had me in stitches. I especially love the answers to "What do you think of Schuyler as an author?" :P "Jaeryn: I’m not very concerned about what she does in the future. I can handle her." Oh dear.
    Fellows, thanks for sticking around to give the answers, even though you gave Carrie-Grace a difficult time to corral you.

    And a big happy birthday to Miss Schuyler! Have a wonderful day full of Irish smiles. :D
    Love,
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is adorable. Happy birthday, Schuyler! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. SNORT. Well done, Carrie-Grace! You had me in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you for the birthday wishes, everyone! Junior B. and I loved reading all your comments yesterday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved, loved, loved this.
    Poor patient, resigned Ben: "I wish that she wouldn't do so many bad things to my life."
    And that snappy confidence of Jaeryn's: "I can handle her."
    And Terry being an oblivious Irish Teddy Bear: "How about we talk about Acushla instead? She's really nice." (You are a chap of one idea, aren't you?)

    Happy (late) birthday, Schuyler! We all sang to your absent self on the day. ;)

    Love,
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sang Happy Birthday to me?! Awww. That's so sweet. That made me smile. :D

      Delete
  10. This was so much fun, dear Carrie-Grace :). Well done managing those troublesome characters so well and getting them to wish Schuyler birthday-greetings - what a bunch!

    And Happy Birthday again, Schuyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Joy! CG did do a great job, didn't she? :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...