Monday, October 19, 2015

2015 Blogger Book Awards Opening Round

Friends and fellow bibliophiles, I'm writing a post on Monday this week instead of Tuesday because I have an exciting announcement for you all!

Welcome to the 2nd Annual Blogger Awards!!


This competition, hosted by the lovely Allison, relies on reader nominations in six categories to award six outstanding authors from 2015. We have several hosts participating, and they'll be announcing the finals on the following dates:

Saturday, December 19- Best Cover, by Schuyler (me!)
Sunday, December 20- Best Title, by Hannah
Monday, December 21- Best Short Fiction, Ghosty
Tuesday, December 22- Best Character, Annie
Wednesday, December 23- Best Book, Sarah
Thursday, December 24- Best Author, Allison
 
We have hosts and categories, but we don't have nominations, and that's where you come in! I need you to comment below with your favorite book covers and then go to the other blogs and nominate books in each of their categories as well. Only two conditions: the books must be published in 2015, (no republications) and your nomination must be in by November 1st!
 
 *bribes you with chocolate and lattes*
 
Make haste! Make haste! And don't forget to share this with friends on Twitter, blogs, and Facebook, so we can make this the best and most unforgettable Blogger Awards year yet. :)

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds like fun! I racked my brain for a moment, and the first cover I could think of was "Pendragon's Heir" by Suzannah Rowntree - SO PRETTY! I also love the cover for "A Sparrow in Terezin" by Kristy Cambron, Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin, the Five Enchanted Roses by Rooglewood Press is gorgeous, and I'm quite fond of the design of The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson; "A Wish Made of Glass" by Ashlee Willis is lovely too.

    A few other favourites would be the two cover editions of "Go Set a Watchman" and "Winter" by Merissa Meyer :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illusionarium by Heather Dixon has a strikingly beautiful cover, in my opinion. I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nominations: (There are so many pretty covers. xD)

    - Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman.
    - Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson.
    - A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes
    - HIVE by John Otte.
    - Five Enchanted Roses by Rooglewood Press.
    - Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I do love such book awards.

    Best cover:

    Implant by J Grace Pennington
    Architect of Aeons by John C Wright

    And, having had a quick look at some Goodreads Best 2015 Covers lists:

    Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
    Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
    Winter by Marissa Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. *rubs hands gleefully* Yaaaas...
    My only problem will be picking books that were actually published this year. XD

    The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
    England Adventure by Kelsey Bryant
    The Bronte Plot by Katherine Reay (It's not going to be published until November 3rd... that's fine, right?)
    Diamond (ICE Agency #2) by Julia Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  7. My nominations are:

    Five Enchanted Roses by Rooglewood Press
    A Wish Made of Glass by Ashlee Willis
    Corroded Thorns by Emma Clifton
    The King's Scrolls by Jaye L. Knight
    Winter by Marissa Meyer
    Trigger Warning by Neil Gaimen

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Pocket Full of Murder
    Penderwicks in Spring (all of those covers are lovely)
    This isn't published yet, November, I think, but Winter from the Lunar Chronicles is sure to be lovely like all the rest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, what a lovely contest! I do so enjoy examining book covers. I know you shouldn't judge a book by one, but they often reveal much about it all the same. I second many of the books already listed, and here are two more:

    - Draven's Light by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
    - Beastly Bones by William Ritter
    - Come Rain or Come Shine by Jan Karon

    ~ Aberdeen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree

    ReplyDelete
  11. Basically Goodreads listopia is the best.

    *dumps all the pretty covers in a pile*

    Winter. Red Queen. Frostfire. The Glass Arrow. A Thousand Nights. Ten Thousand Skies above You. Mechanica. Five Enchanted Roses. Ain't We Got Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting! :D

    Covers, covers, covers…
    I’ll go ahead and nominate a couple that no one has yet mentioned.

    The Wizard’s Tower by Peter Last
    The Shock of Night by Patrick W. Carr (to be released October 27th)

    I had a few others in mind, but I checked, and they were released late last year, or to be released next year… :P
    If I come across any others released this year that catch my fancy, I’ll post again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorites:

    Five Enchanted Roses by Rooglewood Press
    Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree
    The Wulver's Rose by Hayden Wand

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE covers!!!!

    Five Enchanted Roses by Rooglewood Press
    The Wulver's Rose by Hayden Wand
    Embers by Ronie Kendig
    The Sword and the Song by C. E. Laureno
    Dare by Tricia Mingerink

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and Draven's Light, of course! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...