Saturday, December 19, 2015

2015 Blogger Awards Cover Finalists

Sea Scribblers winners will be posted later today, folks! We're SO EXCITED. 


Hey folks! I'm back with the final round of the 2015 Blogger Awards cover division! In the first round, you all nominated 40 covers for me to look through, and let me tell you, it was a hard choice narrowing it down to three finalists. But we did it, and these three books are the finalists for 2015 Best Cover: 


 The typography is simply beautiful, as is the lady on the cover, and I love the way the castle overlooks the garden. Another really special winner from Rooglewood press. Of all the covers, it was easy to tell that this one was universally loved. 


I love, love, love the glowing apple. It's beautiful and bright and magical. The silver leaf, the simple title font, and the blue cover with a faint splash of red really tie in all the elements together nicely. Another popular choice. 

The title color pops really well next to the red dress. I love the whimsical font of the subtitle and the author's names, and I think the names on the suitcase really draw the eye. It's a cover well designed to draw you to the most important elements--author and title--while giving a taste of the historical fiction genre. 



And the winner of the 2015 Blogger Awards Best Cover category is:



Ultimately, it was the beautiful lighting of the apple and the hand fallen in shadow, as well as the really nice typography on the cover that made this one my favorite. It looks mysterious, and the simple elements really pop. I'm interested in looking up this series. Congratulations to Winter, by Marissa Meyer! 




Be sure to check out the other finalists at the blogs linked below:
Saturday, December 19- Best Cover, hosted by Schuyler
Sunday, December 20- Best Title, hosted by Hannah
Monday, December 21- Best Short Fiction, hosted by Ghosty
Tuesday, December 22- Best Character, hosted by Annie
Wednesday, December 23- Best Book, hosted by Sarah
Thursday, December 24- Best Author, hosted by Allison

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks, Schuyler! : ) It's been lovely having you as a judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me join, Allison! You've been a lovely hostess. :)

      Delete
  2. I thought that would win. ;D You picked a very nice one!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you!! I can't take credit for the good cover designs. :D

      Delete
  3. I've finished reading every book in that series but that one. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    -Grace (trueandpure.wordpress.com)

    P.S. I nominated you for the Infinity Dreams Award! Check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Grace! After my holiday blogging break, I'm going to come back and answer those!

      Delete
  4. That would have been my choice too, I think! Very eye-catching and innovative design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so flattered. ^_^ *hands you chocolate chips*

      Delete
  5. Excellent choice of winner! (Though I'm biased . . . Winter is one of my favorite books I've read this year. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to check out these Lunar chronicles! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...