Tuesday, January 26, 2016
The Sunshine Award
Hey friends! Welcome to the Sunshine Award! We desperately need some sunshine in the cold American winter, so I'm all for taking a break from deep subjects and relaxing today. This is a tag where you share seven facts about yourself. I was tagged by two lovely blogger friends--first from Wendy, who is the Queen of Sunshine herself in Twitterland, and blogs over at the Jumping Bean, and then Annie, who constantly gives me sunshiny hugs and messages, and makes her home at Curious Wren. Thank-you, ladies!!
Here are the seven facts:
1. She has a cool sister who hacks her stuff. B-)
(You'll never guess who wrote that.)
2. A couple of Saturdays ago, I spent the afternoon watching friends perform in a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang musical, and in the evening we randomly decided to see the new Star Wars movie. It was one of the funnest (and cleanest) action movies I've seen in ages. As a result of this day, which is my ideal kind of Saturday, I can now sing the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme song, and I made myself a BB-8 bookmark, which gives me a reason to smile every time I look at it.
3. During election season, I'm an election worker at one of our city precincts. After two years, I've finally worked up to Madam Chairperson (which means I'm in charge of the other precinct workers and various Important Stuffage.) There's something so important about jingling keys and signing red seals and whatnot. This year being the presidential election, I'm excited for an extra challenge.
4. These pairs of earrings have been added to my collection since December 31st, and they make me pretty happy: They're really classic gold and silver, but longer than anything I've had before. It's amazing how a small piece of jewelry can refresh your wardrobe and brighten your perspective on life. My grandma gave me the blue and silver pair for Christmas. I think she has excellent taste in earrings. :)
5. There are only three things I want for my someday wedding: royal purple, French sodas, and fun music at the reception. Beyond that, I'd rather have everyone I love around me than a bunch of fancy decorations. Not sure the purple thing will happen. Carrie-Grace said that might scare people. I am willing to negotiate a wedding in Ireland in lieu of it. ;)
6. My favorite non-friend accounts on Twitter are definitely church parody and political satire. Currently, Tim Hawkins, Relevant Church Guy, Church Curmudgeon, and Bernie Thoughts make me laugh until I cry. Also, though they aren't on Twitter, oftentimes one of us kids will gather the family in the evenings to watch a few Studio C skits.
7. The two writing sunshine things in my life are my new scheduling notebook (blue) and prayer journal (pink). I'm writing prayers this year in the form of daily praise/confession/thankful/prayer lists. I think it will make a great record to look back on. I also got a new scheduling notebook for 2016, instead of scheduling on the computer. The combination of beauty and order makes me happy every day when I pick it up to write to-do lists. It has a great many of my hopes and dreams for 2016, and the blue and gold reminds me of Cinderella.
And I'll tag:
Katie Nichols--She's an absolutely fantastic person to word war and chat with, and I love her knitting projects and pet dragons.
Aimee Meester--whose fun writing tweets, thoughtful articles, gifs, and general love of sarcasm always make my day.
Carrie-Grace--what could make you happier than special sister hugs and nicknames? (I know you don't have a blog, darling, but I'd love to see 7 happy things on G+!)
Lydia Carns--whose happy spirit, stylish art, and good taste in books are things I greatly admire.
So there you have it, friends! What's been making you happy lately? I'd love to know!