Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Sunshine Award


Hey friends! Welcome to the Sunshine Award! We desperately need some sunshine in the cold American winter, so I'm all for taking a break from deep subjects and relaxing today. This is a tag where you share seven facts about yourself. I was tagged by two lovely blogger friends--first from Wendy, who is the Queen of Sunshine herself in Twitterland, and blogs over at the Jumping Bean, and then Annie, who constantly gives me sunshiny hugs and messages, and makes her home at Curious Wren. Thank-you, ladies!!

Here are the seven facts:

1. She has a cool sister who hacks her stuff. B-)

(You'll never guess who wrote that.)

2. A couple of Saturdays ago, I spent the afternoon watching friends perform in a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang musical, and in the evening we randomly decided to see the new Star Wars movie. It was one of the funnest (and cleanest) action movies I've seen in ages. As a result of this day, which is my ideal kind of Saturday, I can now sing the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme song, and I made myself a BB-8 bookmark, which gives me a reason to smile every time I look at it.

3. During election season, I'm an election worker at one of our city precincts. After two years, I've finally worked up to Madam Chairperson (which means I'm in charge of the other precinct workers and various Important Stuffage.) There's something so important about jingling keys and signing red seals and whatnot. This year being the presidential election, I'm excited for an extra challenge.

4. These pairs of earrings have been added to my collection since December 31st, and they make me pretty happy: They're really classic gold and silver, but longer than anything I've had before. It's amazing how a small piece of jewelry can refresh your wardrobe and brighten your perspective on life. My grandma gave me the blue and silver pair for Christmas. I think she has excellent taste in earrings. :)



5. There are only three things I want for my someday wedding: royal purple, French sodas, and fun music at the reception. Beyond that, I'd rather have everyone I love around me than a bunch of fancy decorations. Not sure the purple thing will happen. Carrie-Grace said that might scare people. I am willing to negotiate a wedding in Ireland in lieu of it. ;)

6.  My favorite non-friend accounts on Twitter are definitely church parody and political satire. Currently, Tim Hawkins, Relevant Church Guy, Church Curmudgeon, and Bernie Thoughts make me laugh until I cry. Also, though they aren't on Twitter, oftentimes one of us kids will gather the family in the evenings to watch a few Studio C skits.

7.  The two writing sunshine things in my life are my new scheduling notebook (blue) and prayer journal (pink). I'm writing prayers this year in the form of daily praise/confession/thankful/prayer lists. I think it will make a great record to look back on. I also got a new scheduling notebook for 2016, instead of scheduling on the computer. The combination of beauty and order makes me happy every day when I pick it up to write to-do lists. It has a great many of my hopes and dreams for 2016, and the blue and gold reminds me of Cinderella.





And I'll tag:

Katie Nichols--She's an absolutely fantastic person to word war and chat with, and I love her knitting projects and pet dragons.

Aimee Meester--whose fun writing tweets, thoughtful articles, gifs, and general love of sarcasm always make my day.

Carrie-Grace--what could make you happier than special sister hugs and nicknames? (I know you don't have a blog, darling, but I'd love to see 7 happy things on G+!)

Lydia Carns--whose happy spirit, stylish art, and good taste in books are things I greatly admire.

So there you have it, friends! What's been making you happy lately? I'd love to know!

12 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for the tag! I adore pretty earrings. <3 Also, royal purple and french sodas sounds like a perfectly lovely wedding to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Lydia! I can't wait to pop over and see your answers. :) And I'm so glad the someday wedding plans sound like a good idea!

      Delete
  2. *squeaks excitedly* #happinessis You tagged me!! Thank-you, girlie. <3

    And I loved all your things. ^_^ Especially #2, #4, and #7. Your notebooks are so pretty, and I love the Cinderella theme. And of course, those earrings are gorgeous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome!! <3 #loveyoulots I really enjoyed seeing Chitty with you, and I can't believe how much the song has been stuck in our heads afterwards. :P

      Delete
  3. *gloats happily over the sunny blog post*

    1. CG? You are the adorablest. <3
    2. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my favorite things growing up. Still is, actually. And I can't tell you how excited I am that you've seen Star Wars! Shall I call you sometime so we can chat about what you liked? Spoiler-free, of course. ^_^
    3. I stand in awe of your competence, dear. And I love that you're politically active. If only more Christian young women were like that! I'll stop there before I get riled. *cough*
    4. Those earrings are gorgeous. I agree, wearing them is such a simple thing, but it makes me feel ready to take on anything. Also, very feminine.
    5. Royal purple, French sodas, and fun music? This all makes me happy. I love your style, girly.
    6. Oh, goodness, the chap on Twitter who posts everything in Old English? Hysterical. And dangerous.
    7. NOTEBOOKS. That is all. (I had fun reading your To Do list.)

    Drop of bright warmth this was. I enjoyed it heaps. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANNIE!!! I loved your comment. *hugs to self*

      -YES. Let's call to talk about Star Wars. That would be amazing fun. ^_^ I hear they're predicting a Mayish DVD release date, possibly. It will be soon!
      -I wish I was more politically active as far as researching candidates and whatnot. I'm really glad to help with the process, but I'd love to talk to you about that too, actually! I'm sure you'd have some great thoughts on it, and passion for our country's leaders is a good thing to have.
      -I'd love to see some of your earrings. I'm sure you have some wonderfully pretty ones.
      -And yes!! Never too many notebooks. They are all precious, every one. ^_^

      *hugs you* I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  4. I loved this post. Very Schuyler-like. ;) #1 was just perfect. I love all the notebooks...the to-do lists. I should write mine in a notebook. Usually I did it on scrap pieces of paper in hopes of using them up, but they always seem to exist no matter how many I use. :P

    And I think purple should be just fine in a wedding. I've seen so many other crazy extremes, so purple would be nice, I think. :)

    Love this post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I have a, um, *cough* problem with excessive sticky-notes as you know, so I went with a notebook this year. So far, I am finding it much more enjoyable, less overwhelming (who am I kidding, January is generally a less overwhelming month) and extremely pretty. I think having it collected all in one place will be a great "diary" to look back on and see what's happened throughout the year. :)

      You should find a special notebook and start one too. <3

      Delete
  5. CG should look into a career that includes professional cyber-stalking and hacking. =}
    We must talk about SW more. And I need that bookmark. But our printer doesn't have colored ink cartridges currently, unfortunately.
    Being in charge of important stuffs sounds incredibly satisfying. And incredibly terrifying. o.o
    And those blue earrings are stunning.
    As well at that blue and gold journal. o___o
    And a fact about me: I'm the master of awkward and choppy blog comments. You're welcome. =}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should, she should. I think her talents seem to include...well. Perhaps we should encourage her in more lawful channels. XD

      I have SO enjoyed our SW convos on your blog and Skype. The more we talk about it, the more I think about it, and the more themes we both pick out. I think between the two of us we could write a pretty handy Star Wars Movie Guide for TFA. :)

      Your blog comment brought much sunshine to my day. It is perfect. <3

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Thanks for following me on Twitter too btw (Eevee)
    I loved these answers and followed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Evie! Thanks so much for following my blog. It's a pleasure to meet you! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...