Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy

I've never linked up with The Broke and the Bookish before, but I've seen the Top Ten Tuesday posts around, and last week's looked like grand fun: 10 Books I Would Buy If Someone Handed Me a Fully Loaded Gift Card. I missed it much to my chagrin, but this week is rewind week, so I get to do it after all!

Here are some books I'm looking forward to adding to my library:



The Broken Way, by Ann Voskamp

I learned about it this week. This year I've felt what it means to be broken, and I think this book premise looks incredible. Definitely can't wait for release day.



The High Deeds of Finn MacCool, by Rosemary Sutcliff

I've read it twice from the library and loved it both times. Full of glory, splendor, breathtaking emotion--Sutcliff and Ireland at their finest.



Outlining Your Novel, by K.M. Weiland--paperback

I own it on ebook, but I think it would be a lot more convenient to thumb through, learn from, and underline a print copy. Plus, it would match the print copy of the workbook I have.



Structuring Your Novel, by K.M. Weiland--paperback

For the same reasons as Outlining as above.



The Ringmaster's Wife, by Kristy Cambron

I loved both A Sparrow in Terezin and The Butterfly and the Violin. Both are full of beauty, depth, hope, sacrifice, and sorrow. Anything Kristy writes I want to buy.



The Lady and the Lionheart, by Joanne Bischof.

This book has been really intriguing me ever since I saw the cover. Joanne Bischoff does hybrid publishing, and I love her brand name: Mason Jar Publications. I'm going to treat myself to another of her books soon to see if I'd like to try out The Lady and the Lionheart too.



A Time to Die, by Nadine Brandes

Nadine Brandes has such a fun author presence on social media, and for that alone I'd love to be part of her street team. But I have to read her book first!



Lark Rise to Candleford, by Flora Thompson.

Technically I could get this from the library, and I probably will, but since on my list of books to read, it would be fun to own. (Because I want to watch the TV show too. Yes.)



The First World War, Martin D. Gilbert

This book would be convenient simply for research. I hate ordering and returning it, and then needing it again for writing. It could keep the How to be a Spy company on the shelf. HOW CUTE. BOOK BUDDIES.



Far From the Madding Crowd, by Thomas Hardy

Another one I really want to read, to see if it's as good as I think it will be. Mostly because I want to see the movie, and I should read the book first.

Actually, ten books isn't too many, and I'm gradually giving myself opportunities to choose a treat after a big milestone, so with rewards for writing and life goals, I should be able to add these in to the family.

What's on your book wishlist?

2 comments:

  1. I love your book wishlist, Schuyler! I'd love to read every one of those books you've mentioned, and several I need to get a copy of as well =). I just got my own copy of "The RIngmaster's Wife" and can't wait to dig in and start reading as soon as my studies/exams are done!
    I'm currently reading "Far From the Madding Crowd" and I watched the film, and I'd love to discuss it together sometime! :) I want to get my hand on the "High Deeds of Fin McCool" but it is out-of-print/stock on Book Depository :P.

    Right now actually I've put off pleasure reading and am mostly focusing on study-reads, mostly 20th century English literature and History textbooks :). Can't wait for Christmas, Lord willing, and get to read all the books!!!!!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope you're enjoying Far From the Madding Crowd! I'm very excited about that one, and I'd love to know your thoughts on the film. :D

      Good job on study reads! Someday soon you'll be able to cross the finish line and read to your heart's content. I can't wait!! Keep persevering, my friend! Love you. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...