Saturday, September 24, 2016

Autumn TBR


Coming to the reading pile this autumn....

Far from the Madding Crowd, by Thomas Hardy
I've wanted to see the movie ever since it came out--so, I'm doing my traditional, and reading the book first as a way to work towards the movie.

Anne of the Island, by L.M. Montgomery
A continued foray into my second time all the way through the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm currently enjoying this one. Patty's Place and girl chums. Such richness.

Grace for the Good Girl, by Emily Freeman
I've been reading books that have taught me much about deep comfort and kindness from the Lord. This is another one on my list.

Everyday Grace, by Jessica Thompson
Another book on relationships, ditto above.

The Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James
It's been on my to read list for FAR TOO LONG. This must be remedied!

Polly and Newton, by Jody Hedlund
This one is on its way in the mail to me! My first Jody Hedlund novel, and such a pretty cover. ^_^

The Shattered Vigil, by Patrick Carr.
CANNOT WAIT. JUST CANNOT WAIT. PLEASE RELEASE QUICKLY.

Veiled Rose, by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Not *immediately* on my fall list, but I'd like to read this one in the fall season.

Lark Rise to Candleford, by Flora Thompson
Also because I'd like to dig into the TV show, and the book looks so pretty and delicious.

What's on your autumn reading stack? I'd love to know! Have you read any of these books? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I was thinking about adding Far From the Madding Crowd to my list if I read fast enough. I picked it up at a library sale, so it is on my shelf, tempting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, lucky! I have yet to get my copy, but I'm excited to do that soon! :D We'll have to trade thoughts. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...