Thursday, September 29, 2016

Happy Birthday, Lady B! (From Junior and Co.)



Someone had a Birthday recently, and the blog was silent.

THE BLOG WAS SILENT.

We have not forgotten, but duty called, and so we were delayed in getting the party together. Now Jaeryn, Terry, and Ben (and me!) have finally assembled to try to figure out some sort of Grand Happy Birthday Blog Post.

Terry: IT’S SCHUYLER’S BIRTHDAY. I’M SO EXCITED. HOW ABOUT WE CELEBRATE WITH CAKE AND CANDLES? AND BALLOONS?

Me: Terry, Schuyler’s gone at a writing conference right now which is why we can post here. We have to stay F-O-C-U-S-E-D.

Jaeryn: I can’t find Small. Do you think she left it?

Ben: No, I saw her take the Kindle along with her laptop. I hope she has a good time.

Jaeryn: *mutters something*

Me: What did you say? This is the one day of the year when we’re best friends, remember.

Jaeryn: You rascal. I was just saying I don’t think a writer’s conference is good for her. Makes her think up too many bad things for us.

Terry: OH NO! You’re right! What do we do?

Ben: *sighs* There’s really nothing we can do. Anyway, where were we? I don’t like hacking blogs like this.

Me: It’s okay, Ben. I’m her sister after all.

Jaeryn: *coughs*

Me: *glances sternly at Jaeryn* What device are we going to post this on?

Jaeryn: None of her accounts are logged in on any of the laptops at home. If she hadn’t taken Small, this would have been a whole lot easier.

Me: Ben, can you think of anything?

Ben: *shakes his head*

Terry: I CAN THINK OF SOMETHING.

Me: You can??

Terry: Look at this CUTE picture. We could post that!




Me: *grins* Terry, we’re not trying to figure out what to post, but HOW to post.

Terry: Oh. Well, where’s Acushla? Maybe she can help.

Me: Acushla’s busy right now, Terry. We agreed to do this ourselves, remember? She’s making the cake, and you can go lick the beater when she’s done.  

[well-dressed figure enters room]

Me: FENTON. You’ve saved us!! *gives him a big hug* You have a device we can post on, don’t you?

Fenton: *gasping for breath* For a price.

Me: C’mon, Fenton. It’s a birthday. Besides, I’m sure you have a ton of money anyways. Help us out.

Fenton: *unmoved*

Jaeryn: *stands up ominously*

Fenton: *still unmoved*

Me: Oh, no, this is disastrous. Fenton! Jaeryn! This is supposed to be a HAPPY birthday! Jaeryn, you’ve got more money than the rest of us. Can’t you give him some?

Jaeryn: No, he doesn’t need any money.

Terry: EVERYBODY BE HAPPY AND LOOK AT THIS CUTE PICTURE.



[everyone momentarily diverted]

Ben: Fenton, it’s a birthday. Give us the device.

Fenton: *considering* As long as you let me come to her party.

[everyone stares in surprise]

Me: Why, of course, Fenton dear, the party wouldn’t be the same without you.

Fenton: *nods awkwardly and pulls out Schuyler’s iPod*

Me: Oh no, is it that small?

Jaeryn: *laughs* Instead of Small, we have something that’s really small to post on. Can you even read Blogger on an iPod?

Ben: I don’t know. I would think so.

Terry: *wondering if Acushla is done with the cake* What kind of cake is it?

Me: Some sort of chocolate ombre cake, maybe? By the way, boys, do you have any gifts for Schuyler?

Terry: OH NO. I forgot. I was planning to, I really was. Do you think she’d like chocolate kisses? 

Me: *grins* Terry, she’d be thrilled with chocolate kisses.

Jaeryn: I bought her a knife.

Me: Woah. That’s awesome.

Fenton: I’m offering her my services for a month.

Me: Fenton, you are being so nice this evening. You’ll be the life of the party.

Ben: I-I’m not sure yet. I thought about a book, but I got her that last year.

Me: Never too many books, Ben. You’re a dear to think of it. Now, are we all ready for our big surprise?

[groans from around the room. Everyone assembles in a circle]
[all sing happy birthday in four-part harmony; Terry a little off key]

Me: That was SO beautiful, boys. She’ll love it. Let’s get this posted before she comes home.

Fenton: *disappears quietly*

Ben: *looks at his watch* I can’t believe it’s so late! I’ll have to buy a book for her before the stores close. And patient calls to do tonight! Goodbye, everyone! *rushes away*

Terry: *goes to lick off the beater and talk to Acushla*

Jaeryn: Just you and me, kiddo.

Me: I am NOT a kiddo. You wanna help with the last part of this though?

Jaeryn: *stretches* Sure, I don’t have much else going this evening.

[Jaeryn and Junior bend over iPod and get to work]


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRECIOUS GIRLIE! I hope you have a fantabulous day celebrating, and that this offered you at least a little bit of laughter. ;) Love you lots and can’t wait to see what God does through you this year. *hugs*



As it turns out, the iPod didn't work so Jaeryn and I had to wait until Schuyler got home to "borrow" her computer. XD Good thing Jaeryn was still around to help...

10 comments:

  1. This was fun to read - good work you guys! And happy birthday Schuyler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it so much. Great job, CG. :D And (again) a happy belated birthday to Schuyler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaeryn bought me a knife. O.o Whoa.

      I loved them so much. :D Thank-you!!

      Delete
  3. Haha, how fun! And Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tehehe, this is so fun! Happy belated birthday! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Gloria! I love hanging out with those boys. ;) They were so fun!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, Schuyler! I love your little narrative, Carrie-Grace! :)
    And Jaeryn is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Tori! It was fun to have sis surprise me with the blog post. I didn't think she was planning on it this year. :D

      (And Jaeryn is flattered, and gives you his thanks as well.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...