Friday, November 11, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Award

I got tagged for the Sunshine Blogger Award thanks to the lovely fellow Tolkien fan, Benita J. Prins. She thought up some awesome questions, and I couldn't wait to do it for you all!


The rules:

– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

The Questions

Who is your favourite actor/actress and why?
I enjoy Rufus Sewell, Michael Gambon, Richard Armitage, Emily Blunt, Ramola Garai, and Jeremy Brett. 

There are others I enjoy while I would have technical critiques of their acting, but these ones I enjoy because they act very, very well. 

How many languages do you speak well enough to hold a conversation?
English and Authorese. Also Tolkienese. Those are languages, and they are very important ones to know. 

What is the last book you read that you couldn’t put down?
Probably The Prisoner of Zenda. I was glued to that all Sunday afternoon, and could.not.stop. It was just epic and swashbuckly goodness. (That's a word. I made it.) It does have some profanity in it, so be aware as you pick it up. 

What is one genre you would never read?
Horror or erotic. I would think those would be fairly obvious. 

Do you have any unique quirks?
Mhm. I found one the other day. When I'm done with a CD or DVD, I don't put it back where it belongs. I put it in the case of whatever I'm watching or listening to next. I leave this trail of DVDs in the wrong cases, so you can figure out the order of what I've been watching by putting them all back in the right ones. It's like a treasure hunt. 

Other quirks: 
-I always eat my toast starting at the top of the slice of bread because SERIOUSLY who can eat something starting from the bottom. That's out of order. It drives me crazy.

^^Random 

What’s the best book-to-movie adaptation you’ve ever seen?
Ohhh, I don't know. The Ramola Garai Emma is really good, as is North and South. Also Great Expections with Jeremy Irvine. I'll go with those. 

Do you like maps?
Hahahahahahaha. Ask my family about my geography skillz. They will laugh too. Maps are pretty on fabric as purse linings, or on the covers of notebooks, or inside book covers. I once dedicated myself to a map when I read The Silmarillion. Sometimes I look at maps when I'm trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be going on MapQuest. But last year, we drove down to Texas and drove back and I had no idea of where we were in the state the entire time. I mean, I knew the names of where we were, but not where it looked like on the map. *cough* 

So....yeah. Maps are nice little fellas, and they and I don't mix much. 

How often do you write by hand compared to typing?
Actually, I write fairly often by hand between note taking on sermons, for stories, and answer questions for Bible Study Fellowship lessons. But by far, I type most on the computer. I still like to think I have a happy mix, though. 

Which author’s books can you never resist picking up?
Patrick Carr's fantasy will always attract me. I really enjoy Kristy Cambron's historical fiction as well. K.M. Weiland will always get my loyalty. Suzannah Rowntree as well. (Have you heard of ONCE yet?) 

What is your favourite letter of the alphabet?
I think any letter that starts the name of a friend or beloved character gives me happy endorphins, especially when I see it in my email inbox. (Friends. My characters haven't taken to emailing me yet.) 

How much chocolate do you consume on a weekly basis?
Depends on the week. We eat chocolate chips without putting them in anything around here. Sometimes that's all the chocolate we have, and we're desperate. This week was pretty good, because we had brownies, and a friend gave me two Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I was a happy girl on election day. ;)

(Now that's odd, isn't it. Where are you in this nation, Schuyler?)

And there you have it! I'm going to forgo the questions and tagging this time, but be sure to come back Tuesday for a wonderful writerly book review!

3 comments:

  1. But do your characters have access to email? I can only think of a couple who do. And it's very rude that they don't correspond with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series? A few of them were pretty iffy but overall it was an excellent series. I used to watch them every weekend night with my parents and older brother, and got so familiar with the entrance music that I could mute the TV, hum along, and unmute it and be right on track. :D

    The Prisoner of Zenda is one of my FAVOURITE. BOOKS. EVER. Rudolf Rassendyll is almost as high as Richard Hannay on my literary crushes list. (I noticed you're also a Buchan fan, which is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your favorite actors/actresses. ^_^ And your thing with the DVDs. XDDD Quite the treasure hunt, that is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...