Friday, May 5, 2017

currently // May

via Pixabay

Watching // Well, we just finished a giant Lord of the Rings marathon to watch The Two Towers and Return of the King. It was my sister's first time seeing them. I enjoyed it so much...cried at the ending...loved the most epic parts...loved seeing it with her.

I also watched October Baby this week. For some reason, I have always found deep emotional inspiration from that movie, and after a huge week of projects and output, I needed to do some input. October Baby, with its emotion, the songs they use for the music score, and the relational moments, gives me exactly the creative inspiration I need.

Writing // More editing in War of Honor! Someone (we will not name the author) didn't pay attention to chronology in most of the middle section of the story, (ahem, Schuyler, ahem) which is making the second draft interesting. It's slowly becoming more logical. I'm writing new scenes to fix it, which I'm super excited about. I haven't touched Schuylock since Camp NaNo ended, and I really want to work on my country story. All in good time. War of Honor is my first priority right now.

Listening // During the month of April, I listened to a special Schuylock playlist I made on Spotify. It consisted of A Sky Full of Stars by the Piano Guys, the entire Victoria soundtrack, (by Martin Phipps, Ruth Barrett, and others) and several other random songs. I don't move on to new music very fast. I keep the same playlists for years.

Making // Well, I haven't made them yet, but I'm hoping to make these chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for at least one potluck I'm attending this week.

Reading // The Viking Quest series. They're good, relaxing novels with Irish themes, Viking drama, and the perfect books to re-visit this time of year.

Studying // How to drive a 1914 car. One of my characters is currently learning to drive, so I'm studying all the pedals and levers for him so I can have another character properly instruct him. It's so fun. So cute. Just heart squeeze.

What are you reading? Listening to? Watching? I want to know! 

8 comments:

  1. We have been showing our brother (out-of-law) Bleak House! This is probably our 5th time watching it, but he's never seen it before, so it's really fun to see how he interprets it!

    I've also been reading Viking Quest to my younger siblings who have never read it. I love those books so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be amazing fun! Both Bleak House and Viking Quest--I love those stories, and showing a new Dickens movie to people who haven't seen it is the best thing ever. It turns into "let's watch another episode." :D

      Delete
  2. Interesting that about a 1914 auto! I am reading Rory Stewart - The Marches - a slow read but savoring every page. Love his narrative on nature and this is the reason for the purchase. A keeper. October Baby (?) will have to look for this - must be good. Word of Honor - is the one w/Daniel Craig - loaded w/the most important message of our times. Peace. TGIF Schuyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October Baby is an emotionally moving story about an abortion survivor. It's a story of grief and love and forgiveness and even laughter. I love it very much, though there are a couple of scenes that are a bit unbelievable. I love the messages of love and belonging, and the people who come around the survivor to show her her life is important.

      I haven't heard of Word of Honor! Is it a movie?

      Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Fun post! I love hearing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Classic Girl! I always love reading posts that give glimpses into people's lives. :)

      Delete
  4. I keep hearing about October Baby, but have never seen it. And your sister keeps telling me about the Viking Quest series. I must watch, and read these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them! I would love to know what you think (just fyi, October Baby has some lifestyle choices I don't 100% agree with, but I love some of the messages of healing and love in the film.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...